Goodwill Industries of Greater New York and Northern New Jersey, Inc. is a founding member of Goodwill Industries International’s community-based network of 165 non-profits, each with a designated region.
For over 100 years, Goodwill NYNJ has helped individuals and their families achieve a better life through programs and services that today serve thousands of people annually.
We provide workforce development services, youth and community development programs, and retail and business opportunities throughout the five boroughs of New York City, Long Island, the Hudson Valley, and Northern New Jersey.
Goodwill NYNJ is a social enterprise model. Our mission is supported by business operations, which include our retail division, with a network of Goodwill stores; GoodTemps, our temporary staffing agency; and other industrial contracts.
The Mission of Goodwill NYNJ
Goodwill NYNJ empowers individuals with disabilities and other barriers to employment to gain independence through the power of work.
We at Goodwill Industries will only be satisfied when every person in the communities we serve has the opportunity to achieve full potential as an individual and to participate and contribute in all aspects of a productive life.
- Recognition that the people we serve are at the center of our mission, coming first in everything we do
- Respect for the individuals we serve and their right of choice
- Adherence to the highest ethical standards, fiscal responsibility and efficient use of resources
- Promotion of a workplace where differences are valued and respected
- Empowerment of individuals through innovative and quality services
Learn more about Goodwill NYNJ at www.goodwillnynj.org