The Business Requirements Analyst’s role is to elicit, analyze, specify, and validate the business needs of project stakeholders, whether they are customers or end users. This includes interviewing stakeholders, and gathering and compiling user requirements to convey to development teams throughout the software lifecycle.
The Business Requirements Analyst will also apply proven communication, analytical, and problem-solving skills to help support the development process, and to ensure that project deliverables are met according to specifications. The Business Requirements Analyst will play a pivotal role in ensuring IT understanding of business requirements.
Strategy and Planning
- Collaborate with project managers and project sponsors to determine project scope and vision.
- Clearly identify project stakeholders and establish user classes, as well as their characteristics.
- Conduct interviews to gather user requirements through workshops, questionnaires, surveys, site visits, workflow storyboards, use cases, scenarios, and other methods.
- Identify and establish the scope and parameters of requirements analysis on a project-by-project basis to define project impact, outcome criteria, and metrics.
- Work with stakeholders and the project team to prioritize collected requirements.
- Research, review, and analyze the effectiveness and efficiency of existing requirements gathering processes and develop strategies for enhancing or further leveraging these processes.
Acquisition and Deployment
- Assist in conducting research on software and hardware products to meet agreed-upon requirements and to support purchasing efforts.
- Participate in the QA of purchased solutions to ensure that the features and functions have been enabled and optimized.
- Participate in the selection of any requirements documentation software solutions that the organization may opt to use.
- Analyze and verify requirements for completeness, consistency, comprehensibility, feasibility, and conformity to standards.
- Develop and utilize standard templates to accurately and concisely write requirements specifications.
- Translate conceptual user requirements into functional requirements in a clear manner that is comprehensible to developers/the project team.
- Where applicable, develop prototypes of interfaces and attributes based on the user requirements.
- Create process models, specifications, diagrams, and charts to provide direction to developers and/or the project team.
- Develop and conduct peer reviews of the business requirements to ensure that requirement specifications are correctly interpreted.
- Assist with the interpretation of user requirements into feasible options, and communicate these back to the business stakeholders.
- Manage and track the status of requirements throughout the project lifecycle; enforce and redefine as necessary.
- Communicate changes, enhancements, and modifications of business requirements – verbally or through written documentation – to project managers, sponsors, and other stakeholders so that issues and solutions are understood.
- Provide guidance and/or instruction to junior staff members.
What you need to have
- Strong understanding of relational data structures, theories, principles, and practices.
- Strong familiarity with metadata management and associated processes.
- Hands-on knowledge of enterprise repository tools, data modeling tools, data mapping tools, and data profiling tools.
- Demonstrated expertise with repository creation, and data and information system life cycle methodologies.
- Experience with business requirements analysis, entity relationship planning, database design, reporting structures, and so on.
- Ability to manage data and metadata migration.
- Understanding of Web services (SOAP, XML, UDDI, WSDL).
- Object oriented programming experience (e.g. using Java, JSP, J2EE, EJB, .NET, WebSphere, etc.).
Prior experience & qualifications
- Four (4) years work experience as a data professional or information architect.
- Hands-on experience with data architecting, data mining, large-scale data modeling, and business requirements gathering/analysis.
- Direct experience in implementing enterprise data management processes, procedures, and decision support.
- College diploma or university degree in computer science, information systems, or computer engineering.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the organization’s core business process and operations.
- Proven experience with business and technical requirements analysis, elicitation, modeling, verification, and methodology development.
- Experience in overseeing the design, development, and implementation of software and hardware solutions, systems, or products.
- Ability to create systematic and consistent requirements specifications in both technical and user-friendly language.
- Ability to apply statistical and other research methods into systems, issues, and products as required.
- Clear understanding of product management and market placement.
- Demonstrated project management skills and project management software skills, including planning, organizing, and managing resources.
- Understanding of application development and software development life cycle concepts.
- Working technical knowledge of programming languages.
- Working knowledge of network and PC operating systems, including
- Working knowledge of current network hardware, protocols, and standards.
- Extensive experience with the organization’s core software applications
- Excellent understanding of the organization’s goals and objectives.
This opportunity requires fluency in
Medical benefits offered. Paid leave offered. Full time, permanent position with Goodwill NYNJ at their Astoria headquarters.
- Posted 12/6/2017
- 5567 views