This position is with the Goodwill Citiview Program in Long Island City, Queens, NY
Click here to view/apply direction via the Goodwill website
Clubhouse provides an environment where adults diagnosed with mental health disorders come together fostering a collaboration where each individual has the opportunity to use their strengths, talents, and abilities and work together. The Clubhouse environment focuses on teamwork, healthy lifestyles and individual choice.
Goodwill Clubhouse is seeking a highly energetic and hands-on Part time Clubhouse Generalist[MC1] to[MC2] perform and support a variety of activities for our members, including:
- Work closely with the Clubhouse’s Intake Staff to arrange and conduct program promotions, assist with gathering referral materials and processing admissions.
- Document all correspondence and entering member information into the electronic health record in a timely manner.
- Assist members in establishing member goals using a person-centered approach;
- Engage members in meaningful Clubhouse work during the work-ordered day using motivational interviewing techniques
- Continually engage members in identifying strengths and interest;
- Encourage participation in activities including involvement in health and wellness activities
- Assist in clubhouse kitchen and meal preparation
- Track and log all member support in the electronic health record
- Knowledge and ability to explain Clubhouse Policies, Code of Ethics and Clubhouse International Standards. Refer to Clubhouse Policies, Code of Ethics and Clubhouse International Standards to resolve issues and respond to inquiries
- Complete effective, meaningful, engaging and timely outreach in co-operation with unit members.
- Complete and log all necessary status change paperwork for all members in your unit in co-operation with unit partner
- Work with members to ensure unit space is cleaned and organized daily
- Facilitate the use of unit meetings to identify, organize, and prioritize work of the unit
- Encourage member participation in all health & wellness activities
- Must manage a caseload of 12 participants
What you need to have
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Google Sheets, Google Docs, Slack
- Must be able to manage multiple fast pace environment, with strong follow-through
Prior experience & qualifications
- Non-clinical community approach; Prior non-clinical experience working with persons with mental illness is a preferred but not required
- Highly developed communication and organizational skills;
- Be flexible in order to complete the necessary work of the Clubhouse including coverage of holidays, weekends, social activities and other special events
- Must provide absence coverage for employment unit when needed
Associates Degree or High school Diploma with 2 years' experience in mental health field Bachelor’s Degree preferred
This opportunity requires fluency in
- Posted 8/19/2021
- 355 views