Sharp office professional sought to provide secretarial and word processing services, relieving superiors of administrative details. Able to work with minimal supervision. This position functions as an administrative secretary and office manager, performing a wide variety of tasks. May supervise subordinate office support staff. Does related work as required.
What you need to have
- Thorough knowledge of English, spelling, grammar and punctuation;
- Good knowledge of modern office practices and procedures and the use of automated office support services and equipment including word processing and personal computers;
- Good knowledge of office record keeping practices;
- Good knowledge of the capability of word processing and personal computer equipment to produce various formats such as correspondence, reports, tables, charts, and to file and retrieve information;
- Able to produce printed copy which is neat, accurate and conforms with standard English usage;
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing;
- Ability to understand and carry out complex oral and written directions;
- Can deal effectively with others;
- Superior written and verbal communication skills
- Familiar with computer applications such as spreadsheets, word processing, calendar, e-mail and database software;
- Possess tact; accuracy; resourcefulness; initiative; neat personal appearance;
- Physical condition commensurate with the demands of the position.
Prior experience & qualifications
- Possession of a high school or equivalency diploma and either:
(a) four years of experience where the primary function of the position was the performance of clerical functions, two years of which involved the use of word processing and other automated systems; or (b) graduation from an approved secretarial or business school* and three years experience as stated in (a), which must include the two years of specialized experience.
NOTE: Unless otherwise noted, only experience gained after attaining the minimum education level indicated in the minimum qualifications will be considered in evaluating
SUBSTITUTION: Satisfactory completion of 30 credits* at a recognized college or university, or its equivalent in course hours from an approved institution or office software manufacturer (i.e. Microsoft), may be substituted on a year for year basis for up to two years of the above general experience. There is no substitution for the specialized word processing experience.
*SPECIAL NOTE: Education beyond the secondary level must be from an institution
recognized or accredited by the Board of Regents of the New York State Education Department as a post-secondary, degree-granting institution.
NOTE: Data entry experience may not be substituted for the required word processing experience.
This opportunity requires fluency in
- Posted 3/13/2020
- 278 views