Goodwill NYNJ offering free clothing and household goods for Sandy victims
Goodwill NYNJ, in partnership with Modell's Sporting Goods and WPLJ, is offering free clothing and household goods (up to $50 value per family member) to victims of Hurricane Sandy. Volunteers can also donate blood via the American Red Cross at our Astoria and Harrison locations. If you have in-kind goods or clothing that you'd like to donate to help victims of Hurricane Sandy, donations can be made at any of our Goodwill NYNJ retail stores.
News release below
Goodwill NY-NJ will be working with WPLJ and Modell's Sporting Goods Stores to collect goods in over 90 store locations and distribute much needed clothing throughout the Greater New York and New Jersey. We are also working with United Way and other helping organizations, shelters throughout the northeast to receive and distribute much needed items such as temporary mattresses, and basic survival items including water and blankets.
To assist the American Red Cross, blood drives will be held at Goodwill's Astoria and Harrison offices. We will continue to work with our partners to meet the needs of our community members who experienced the devastating impact of Sandy.
- Our stores will provide free clothing or household goods for victims of Hurricane Sandy who lost property due to flooding.
- Storm victims who need to replace what they lost may shop throughout the store for $50 worth of clothing (per family member) and household goods. provided free.
- The value of the items provided can go up to $50 for each family member (present or not).
- All sales are final, with no returns permitted.
Donations for Storm Victims
- Goodwill will accept donations of clothing and household goods intended for storm victims at any of our stores or DonationXpress centers. Locate the nearest Goodwill store at our store locator.
- They will not be kept separately, but processed with all of our other donations.
- Donors will be given receipts upon request
For large donations provisions can be made for pickup. For more information and to arrange pickups please contact Martha Gotwals (718) 371-7285 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Read the full release at GoodwillNYNJ.org.