Don't hit the snooze button!
With a hectic life it’s easy to fall into a habit of trying to steal a few extra minutes, or an hour, of sleep whenever you have the chance. University of Education at Heidelberg Biology professor Christoph Randler, through a series of interviews and studies with students, has theorized that early risers with established morning routines tend to be more focused and have a greater sense of what they need to accomplish throughout the day, compared to night owls.
He devised 6 important steps:
- Set an exact time to get out of bed.
- Move up your bedtime in sync with the time you plan to get up.
- Get out of bed immediately.
- Expose yourself to sunlight.
- Develop a routine for your morning.
- Stick with it.