This stable and secure organization that impacts the lives of millions of New Yorkers seeks benefit specialists who would enjoy the opportunity to have a positive impact on the health and welfare of both union and non union employees by evaluating benefit programs, preparing forecasts and managing relationships with carriers. The appropriate candidates will play a critical role in clarifying and resolving issues.
**There is a distinct possibility that this position can become permanent, providing excellent long term career growth opportunities and an outstanding benefits plan.
What you need to have
• Must be well versed in HRIS software such as: PeopleSoft, Lawson, SAP, Siebel,
ACCERO (formerly CYBORG).
• Familiarity with benefits business process including benefits administration, e-benefits
processes and ability to create queries/ad-hoc reports.
• Understanding of the objectives, design, costing, implementation and administration of health
and welfare plans, deferred compensation, Flexible Spending Accounts, COBRA, etc.
• Working knowledge of benefit regulations governing health plans.
Prior experience & qualifications
• Baccalaureate degree in Human Resources, Benefits, Finance, Accounting, Operations Research, Economics or Public Administration or related field.
• At least 3 years of experience or combination of education and experience.
This opportunity requires fluency in
- Posted 2/10/2012
- 2446 views